Monday, July 15, 2019

Fixing my S works Venge Vias

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
July 15, 2019



I have not used  my Venge Vias S works bike shod with Cosmic wheel set Kenda tires, SRAM red groupset (which is light)  for a while  More than a year  Because 1. The bike is not that strong  it feels
vague compared to Shimno brakes (VV has built in V brakes)  2.  There is a clanking noise at the rear chain stay which is rather annoying.   I bought this bike from a Globe Electronic Engineer from Batangas who used the money to buy a Bianchi    Nakatawad ng mga P12,000 sa original buying price niya sa BN.  Now I know why. he disposed. it. Because of the internal brake cables at the handlebar and steerer, the cables are likely to get kinks and not function well....  He was obviously troubled by the braking efficiency.... The external bikes and external cabling works better.

When the bike news featured again the bike of Peter Sagan, a Venge S works, I decided I must bring out my S works again.  First I had to do something with the brakes   Many mechanics from the area, including the  Cainta area.   Some hope from #Dante of Lifecycle at Greenhills, Mechanics of Jay  Gotangco at Calumpang, and Jun of Christy's.

As stop gap measures:

1.  I adjusted the front brake adjustment so that the pads are closer.  It worked. Lumakas na preno. Sa
    rear, hinatak ko ang cable much tighter para mas dikit ang pads to brake line.  It worked too.  Maybe
    the brake efficiency is now 75% instead of 50% before.

2. As for the unwanted sound at the rear stays:  

   1.  I cut a plastic tube  about 3/8 in diameter  2 inches long  into two wrappped the  RD cable entry into            the rear stay so that it is not loose;

   2.  From the BB side, I cut a length of the same plastic tube wrapped the metal spaghetti cable of teh
       RD cable so that the clanking against the tube could be dampened.  Nabawasan na kalampag.

So you see, you do not have to bring all your problems to the mechanic or hope for a high cost solution like bringing the bike to Missing Link or Bikezilla (where the repairs may cost me a thousand)

I am happy now with my S works bike.  Naitravel ko na nang Morong.    Maasahan na

No comments: