Sunday, September 10, 2017

Caring for the bikes; wiping and polishing the same constantly

Wheels of Happiness

Rizal Philippines
September 10, 2017

When I rode to Jariel's Peak with Peter Anonuevo and the  rest of Recyclists, I was stunned when Peter A mentioned that the way to make the Ti bike (which I brought with me for the ride)  was to buy a 3M sandpaper probably 2,000 grit. What sand paper?  I do not even wipe this clean nor dry.

And so beginning that day, I made sure  that the bike was thoroughly cleaned and wiped.  And then rubbed with a special towel to make it shine.

Pre Luis also could not resist wiping his Felt bike clean when we reach the destination.  He makes sure he has a rag for this. I being tired after a long ride could not even manage to change my clothes

I think I did not do this before to my bike during the last 10 years I biked.   I have to devote more time for this now that I am semi retired

No comments: