Sunday, August 11, 2024

Biked to Cardona, Bombongan, Teresa Antipolo and DOMSA this morning - riding for strength

Wheels of Happiness

Big chain ring ride -  FTP

To comply with FTP guidelines, and exercise beyond 70, this post tried to bike at challenging destination at big chainrings 50 (on SRAM red group set at S works).  Its all big chainring at Bombongan, except on one hill, and entire Teresa Antipolo and DOMSA climbs (ahon)

Kapadyak riders

At Bombongan, there were 5 riders from Pasig and Taguig who rode with me.  They were initially ahead of me but caught up with me near Alfamart.  Then they stopped at the bridge and sped away until San Guillermo crossing.   Was surprised to see that I was ahead of them before the Mun Building at Teresa.  They went via bukid in Teresa, and then again I was ahead of them past  Real Cove switch back.  Then sped away for good.

Saw some riders from Taytay.  Rhom Antonio said that I was ahead of him in Zigzag (at big chain rings)
There was also Lito Briones who I initially saw at Pag asa stop light.  Then I caught up with him and overtook him.  He overtook me at Pantok and he disappeared.  Aftewards, i saw him again at Teresa Morong boundary and he sped away.    (Doing that to a 73 yo hahaha)

Bukohan at Avida Antipolo after last Climb at Zigzag now sub for T..ng kabayan?

This is the nth time I saw many riders stopping here for a cold drink after negotiating the Teresa Antipolo zigzag.  About 12 riders stopped there -  most of those who 

Made me stronger, strength training beyond 70.

It was not a chill ride.  The ride took my breath away, made my thighs and calf burn,   My feeling is that this ride made me feel stronger.   I could maybe TT for 25 kph for about 5 km.   Certainly much more improvement than when I was younger.   

Imagine riding up all the hills of Teresa on 50 chain rings. At 50 x 32.    

No comments: