Saturday, August 31, 2024

MTBs head set finally repaired; had to be buy a more expensive headset rather than wait for cheaper bearings

Wheels of Happiness

A 52 and 42 mm bearing set for the head set would cost me less than a 100 php if ordered through shopee or Lazada.  However, we ordered since July   And August was about to end.   The headset of my MTB failed due to long years of use (about 6 years) and my constant servicing(?)

Rather than wait for the bearings, I finally decided to buy a tapered headset from the LBS.  It set me back for P500.00 for the parts and P100.00 for the installation.  It took me a total of only 20 minutes to get the repair done.   I could have done this myself.  But since I was not sure of the bearing size from the head set bought, I let the store mechanics install this.   True enough, the mechanic just replaced the bearing.   55 and 44 mm outside diameter;  he used the new compression ring.   

Sa wakas narepair

The bike, an MTB is as good as new.  Another 5 years of satisfying use/riding/  

No comments: