Monday, June 17, 2024

Removal and reinstallation (swap) of Campy crank bearing 6805 5 mm

Wheels of Happiness

The Pinarello bike all ready had lateral movement on the crank,  While Mario serviced this about 6 months ago, long time has a way of saying the bearing is old and needs replacement.   From the video, I saw that the crank need 6805 (24 mm) but has to be 6 mm. Most that are available online is  7 mm.  The original bearing is Cult and cost $100      

My first problems are the tools:  the 10 mm removal tool, the puller and the press fit.  No hammer, no drift as per video.

1. For the 10 mm hex, my difficulty was that the short end will not fit into the crank so it has to be a long arm to fit  None is available at DIY or Wigo.  So I thought of fitting a 10 mm socket at the short end of the hex and use that to remove the nut.   And so I did.

2.  For removal and installation, I had the bike mechanic nearby do the job  Paid him P100.00.  I did not have to buy the tools

Lateral movement solved

No comments: