Sunday, June 16, 2024

Are we going back to big chain rings? That is the trend for the PROS

Wheels of Happiness

Early on the chain rings were for 53 -39.  Then came the compact 50 -34.  Then the single chain rings, one by with 30 to 42 chain rings.

Now PROS are using chain rings, even in mt stages 54 to 60 chain rings  There is a group of riders who go up  DOMSA on 54 chain raings.  They are doing the same at Sampaloc or their epic Audax rides

I am beginning to ape them by riding up hills on 52 chain rings.    And staying that way.  I can ride the first hill at Bombongan  at 52 and Teresa highway until the left hand turn at Island cement.  Bugarin until km 63.   Sampaloc until Magnetic.    

It does not increase my speed by I feel more strength on my thighs and calf.

Are you a fan of big chain rings, slow rpm strong efforts.  Or the fast cadence school popularized by Chris Carmichael.?  I could hardly push down 53 chain rings x 11.  How about you?

Will we have more 54-40 chain rings or look for our 53 -39 hard chain rings.?




No comments: