Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Repair of sram Red shifter. I only spent P800..00 for this with Mario

Wheels of Happiness

I encountered the same problem with the same problem with my SRAM red shifter.  The drum cylinder where the head of the cable shifter was inserted.  The outer lip shattered and the cable head would not get installed_  it would slip.

The solutions available were :   buy a new shifter, or get a new nylon drum cylinder.  But it SRAM does not support its old shifter with parts.   There was one available at Bike Inn which would set me back by $500.00 (same at Ebay)   We paid all ready but Bike inn notified that it ran out of stock. 

So I ran out of solution.   Just buy the new SRAM 22, or wait for SRAM shifter at the Marketplace.   

I brought this to Mario and he came up with a brilliant solution.  He plastic welded the drum nylon cylinder.  SOLVED.  Only for P800.00.  It could have been P25,000.!!

(I let him do this because the other problem I had was threading the internal cable at the internal cabling system -  it is too much of a hassle)




No comments: